Register for Forum

Login to Forum (and then refresh page)

Forgot Password

Right and Left LED Constantly Blinking.

Sensoryx Forums Getting started with VRfree® Right and Left LED Constantly Blinking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    redkush
    Participant

I haven’t been able to ever calibrate the hands as the right and left LED have been blinking constantly since they were pulled out of the box and charged. The left hand will flip to a solid LED colour after pressing on the circuit board in the palm or pushing on the wrist box in places which leads me to believe there is an electrical short in both wrist modules. I’ve flipped batteries as well, makes no difference. I can’t calibrate the system or even connect the hands to the headmount. Headmount works fine and is calibrated.

Please help

preston
    Participant

I’m having the same exact problem. I almost made it through calibration except my right glove is blinking solid BLUE, I have tried a lot and it wont switch,
    I have at least seen the hands, but I know they aren’t calibrated correct. Please advise.

Also when I plugin to charge ( I was thinking they might be low on battery, the battery indicator status doesn’t come on in either glove.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by preston.
    deHavilland
    Participant

Experience the same with only one, the left, hand. It was okay first, it changed sometime during the (long and quite troubleful !!) calibration…
    However, there is ONE SMALL position, with the light showing to the ceiling, but a few degrees off, where it doesn’t blink. All the more strange!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by deHavilland.
    FWenner
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback and for getting in touch: the hardware calibration (https://www.sensoryx.com/files/calibration/Hand%20Module%20Magnetometer%20Calibration.mp4) is very important, but can be tricky as the red LED is not always easy to see. For that purpose it’s probably best to switch the wrist module to a light frequency (ie light blue / white etc). The blinking indicates that the wrist module hasn’t been calibrated yet OR that there is a massive amount of metal in close proximity (unlikely to be the reason in your case).

Let us take you through the procedure :
    1. Take one of the gloves with connected wrist module, put it on a non-metal surface and power it on.
    2. Press the smallest button labeled «C» for a short time -> you should see a red light come up in the LED and disappear after a second. You may not be able to see it well if you are on a blue/violet/red frequency (avoid those for the calibration process).
    3. Take the glove in your hands and press the «C» button for a longer time until the red light stays on and remains visible. Make sure you can really see it and it stays on. Then start with the calibration procedure ie turning the glove while turning on your own axis. Once done, press «C» again to exit the calibration mode. The red light in the LED should disappear.

After that you’ll just have to do the software calibration in game to get a 1:1 representation of your hands.
    Please let us know if this helped!

FWenner
    Keymaster

Preston – when plugging in the USB-C cable for charging: you don’t see any light come on ie the small blue LED right next to the USB-socket?

preston
    Participant

Evening,

When I plugin into the USB sockt, I’m not getting any lights on the device charging indicators.
    Perhaps they only show up if the battery is low? I tried 2 separate USB C cables and 2 separate sources of power.

fwenner
    Participant

Thanks Preston – I am sending you a private email to share a foto. Best, F

redkush
    Participant

I’ve tried your setup procedures probably close to 30 times. It won’t connect. I can see the red light. The main LED color just blinks away in both gloves and when the red led comes on it blinks as well. Also now in the right glove I can’t even change the frequency colour.

FWenner
    Keymaster

redkush – can you give (or send by pm) me your backer email address and backer nr? With your current email I cannot find your profile and therefore the device’s serial number in our database. Many thanks in advance.

FWenner
    Keymaster

When you say “it won’t connect” you refer to the gloves not moving in the scene? Or do you refer to the headmount not being recognized by the device manager? What happens when you press the frequency button on the right glove? – Can you ‘feel’ a slight resistance from the dome switch?
    1) Let’s first make sure that the headmount is connected to the PC and that it shows up in the DeviceManager’s ComPort list.
    2) When you power on the gloves put headmount and wrist modules on the same colour (dark blue for example).

FWenner
    Keymaster

Also pls make sure you have connected the glove cable correctly to the wrist module: when you look on the plug you should see 2 longer golden contacts extending to the end of the plug while all others are a little bit shorter.

preston
    Participant

Any other ideas. I’ve tried doing the flat table calibration. And when I finish the glove is still blinking at me (done it about 10 times now)> I then tried to do the figure 8 calibration at least that many times and it’s still blinking at me. I feel like we are all missing a crucial step? About to post a video of me doing this so you can see if I’m doing it right.

nakamoto
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem. My right glove LED is constantly blinking, though my left one has no problem — only right one has the problem.
    I have calibrated more than 20 times at 2 different places and tested all the frequencies.

I hope you will eventually supply us diagnostic utilities someday.

preston
    Participant

Any help here would be great? At this point and many weeks later I still have a very pretty set of. Bike gloves. The calibration has not worked at all.

fwenner
    Participant

Hi Preston – Can we connect via Skype?
    I’d like to try help with the hardware calibration. The fact that the wrist is still blinking indicates that it is not entering the long hw calibration mode or that if it is, it’s exiting it abruptly somewhere half way through it.
    I know I’m repeating myself, but the red light must come on, stay on and remain visible, only then can the calibration procedure be started. And the red light has to still be visible once you’re done with the calibration.
    Can you give me a couple of dates/times that work for you?
    Best,
    Team Sensoryx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.