Register for Forum

Login to Forum (and then refresh page)

Forgot Password

Detailed Information request

Sensoryx Forums Getting started with VRfree® Detailed Information request

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Saturo Ichikawa
    Participant

Hi there, I’m newbe to VRfree glove.

I have some troubles, thank you for your help.

Q. Device Status

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/pwutmjnlqjp5gtw/capture.PNG

device status: unknown

This is not enough, my VRfree glove is not work at all. I’d tried VRfree’s Setup and Demo Apps. these says “connected”, but not work at all.
    * re-connection is tried, and not solve, data-streaming text shown a while and status goes unknown.

I have the following files in %APPDATA%/Roaming/Sonsoryx/,
    – VRfreeCalibrationL.txt
    – VRfreeCalibrationR.txt
    – VRfreeWristOffsetL.txt
    – VRfreeWristOffsetR.txt
    – VRfreeHeadModuleAndNeckOffset.txt
    – HandDimensionsLR.json

any other setting files required??

*** I need to make connection success in unity, what’s device status unknown mean??

Q. Which versions are recommended?

– Windows?
    – Unity?
    – SteamVR plugin?

Q. Open VR plugin is needed only for games?? not for unity integration?

Q. Non-VR enviromnent usage

for the motion capture, I need to clearify minimum requirement. I want to take this glove outside studio, without VR-environment.

– Head module is only for wireless radio transmission receiver?? or any other function?? it must be mount on human body?? or HMD??

Q. is there calibration.txt specification??

I can edit calibration text by hand, if it is good-enough solution.

FWenner
    Keymaster

Dear Saturo

Q. Device Status
    -> “Device Error: Connection failed” → this means that your headset cannot be found. Please follow the VRfree manual for the setup https://www.sensoryx.com/vrfree-manual/ and make sure that:
    – your VRfree headmount is connected to the PC via the USB-C cable and switched on (LEDs lighting up)
    – you have installed the STM comport driver here: https://www.sensoryx.com/files/downloads/ComPort_Driver_en.stsw-stm32102.zip
    – you can see the headmount under the comports: https://www.sensoryx.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Bild_8b.png

The text files under %APPDATA%/Roaming/Sensoryx/ have nothing to do with the headmount connection. They only become relevant if the virtual hands seem distorted. Then you may delete these files to reset the settings.

*** I need to make connection success in unity, what’s device status unknown mean??
    -> If you continue to get the “Device Error: Connection failed” problem in Unity, then try the following:
    – use a different USB-A to USB-C cable
    – unplug and replug the USB-A to USB-C cable while the headmount remains powered on (battery correctly inserted)

Q. Which versions are recommended?
    – Windows 10, most recent version of Unity
    – SteamVR plugin will launch automatically if required

Q. Open VR plugin is needed only for games?? not for unity integration?
    – yes, correct

Q. Non-VR enviromnent usage. For the motion capture, I need to clearify minimum requirement. I want to take this glove outside studio, without VR-environment. Head module is only for wireless radio transmission receiver?? or any other function??
    – The headmodule gathers all the positioning data from the 2 hands and transmits it to the PC or the Android headset. It MUST BE connected to either of the two (PC or Android headset) to have the VRfree system work. You don’t the VR environment to capture hand/finger data, you can just mount the headmodule on the user (ideally on the head or the torso), but you need to have it connected to the PC to transmit the 3D positioning data.

it must be mount on human body?? or HMD??
    – please see above. it can be on either, but it needs to be connected to the main processing unit (PC / Notebook).

Q. is there calibration.txt specification?? I can edit calibration text by hand, if it is good-enough solution.
    – Editing this file by hand is possible if you fully understand the data, but it’s not simple. The data relates to the specific hardware in your gloves and your own positioning in 3D space. The data saved are “reference quaternions” for all IMUs on the glove.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.