The following Downloads will work with VRfree V2.0 and Windows 10 only:
Please note that VRfree V1.0 and V2.0 are not compatible with each other. Each Version requires its own supporting files.
Once you have received your VRfree V2.0 system, please download the following:
- the VRfree® Setup program as zip (unzip, unblock, install and execute): VRfree® Setup
- the VRfree® Demo zip file here: VRfree® Demo (0.5 GB !) ... this is where the fun starts (unzip, unblock, install and execute).
If you want to use the VRfree Demo on your Oculus Quest without the Link-mode ie untethered, please download this VRfreeOculusQuest Zipfile, unzip it and install both .apk files on your Quest with SideQuest.
These downloads are more for developers:
- the VRfree® Unity SDK zip file : VRfree_Unity_package
- the VRfree® Unreal SDK zip file: VRfree_Unreal_package (thanks to our friends at Infinite) -> please make sure that once download you >unblock all content of the .zip file before extraction: Unblock content in zip file. Otherwise you won't be able to package/build the Unreal file as an .exe later on!
- The API and DLL for VRfree® developers: VRFree API and DLL
Download the >OpenVR plugin here< (last updated: July 2020).
Unpack the zip file and run setup.exe. During the setup, make sure to point the installer to the correct Steam installation path!
The plugin will allow you to see your hands in any SteamVR game. There is also a virtual touch interface that provides the touchpad, menu, and system buttons that are on the Vive wands. You can calibrate the hand pose at any time by looking up at the calibrate sign, just like in the VRfree Setup and Demo.
- Will this work with game [...]?
This is still an early version of the plugin, and we couldn't test it with too many games yet, but give it a try and tell us how it went!
- I've installed the plugin, but nothing changed when I start SteamVR.
Make sure you entered the correct Steam path during the installation. check if there's a folder "sensoryx" in "\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers".
- I'm in the game and see my hands, but can't interact with anything.
You'll have to bind the VRfree controller actions to the game. Check out this guide from Valve on how to do this. You can also check out our video instructions for SuperHot and I expect you to die to see how the gloves are set up in those 2 games.