The following Downloads will work with VRfree V2.0 and Windows 10 only:
Please note that VRfree V1.0 and V2.0 are not compatible with each other. Each Version requires its own supporting files.
VRfree® Setup Video - Step by Step Instructions
Downloads for VRfree® Version 2.0
- the VRfree® Demo zip file here: VRfree® Demo (0.5 GB !) ... this is where the fun starts (unzip, unblock, install and execute). Please note: if you need to reset your view/position in VR inside the demo, press 'c' on your keyboard.
VRfree® Unity SDK
These downloads are more for developers:
- the VRfree® Unity SDK zip file : VRfree_Unity_package . Note that this SDK not only contains the files necessary for PC-connected headsets but also those required to port your own VRfree Unity project to Android-based headsets such as the Quest. Minimum required Unity version 2019.1.
- the VRfree® Unreal SDK zip file: VRfree_Unreal_package (thanks to our friends at Infinite) -> please make sure that once download you >unblock all content of the .zip file before extraction: Unblock content in zip file. Otherwise you won't be able to package/build the Unreal file as an .exe later on!
The plugin will allow you to see your hands in any SteamVR game. There is also a virtual touch interface that provides the touchpad, menu, and system buttons that are on the Vive wands. You can calibrate the hand pose at any time by looking up at the calibrate sign, just like in the VRfree Setup and Demo.
To get the new stuff...
VRfree Firmware Update
Every once in a while we will publish updates to the firmware. To benefit from novelties, improvements (license-paying customers) or bug-fixes (all customers), please use our update tool. You can download the most recent version with the following link: VRfreeUpdateTool.zip
As a first-time user you need to enter your credentials once in the pop-up window that appears at first use. If you are a B2B customer please enter the (corporate) email-address you used while purchasing the system so that we can match your license against our database and provide you with feature and performance upgrades.
With your first installation of this tool you will also require the STM driver which you can download and install here: STM driver.
What you also need to know...
- Will this work with game [...]?
This is still an early version of the plugin, and we couldn't test it with too many games yet, but give it a try and tell us how it went!
- I've installed the plugin, but nothing changed when I start SteamVR.
Make sure you entered the correct Steam path during the installation. check if there's a folder "sensoryx" in "\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers".
- I'm in the game and see my hands, but can't interact with anything.
You'll have to bind the VRfree controller actions to the game. Check out this guide from Valve on how to do this. You can also check out our video instructions for SuperHot and I expect you to die to see how the gloves are set up in those 2 games.