Register for Forum

Login to Forum (and then refresh page)

Forgot Password

Steam plugin with Oculus?

Sensoryx Forums Frequently Asked Questions Steam plugin with Oculus?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  deHavilland 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

deHavilland
    Participant

Hi Fabian. The title almost says it all: Should the Steam plugin work with an oculus attached? Must the VRFree gloves be paired? I do not assume so, but the Steam VR window does not show any hand devices, not even after running the BAT file of the alternative download. And yes, the driver’s location is correct…

FWenner
    Keymaster

Hello! Yes, the OpenVR/SteamVR plugin works with Oculus as long as you are using games from the Steam platform and not from the Oculus store! If it didn’t work recently, please re-download and reinstall the OpenVR plugin. Steam released an update that caused our interface to stop working. We have just today uploaded a new version which remedies that problem. Best regards! Team Sensoryx

deHavilland
    Participant

Thanks Fabian. I had to remove the old steam drivers before installing today’s pack, but then the head module and the two gloves immediately appeared in the SteamVR control window. I guess now comes the hard part, the binding to a legacy application…
    However, when I tried the same procedure on my gaming platform (Win10, too) it failed. Installation always rolls back: “There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A prgram run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.” Any ideas?

fwenner
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. We couldn’t replicate the error but some others encountered the same and we know what’s causing it. We’ll post a patch tomorrow!
    Best, F

FWenner
    Keymaster

Hi there! Can you try again ie download again, reinstall and run? It should work now ie it should report an error if the path is incorrect and allow you modify the path. Please let us know if it works!
    Best regards,
    Team Sensoryx

deHavilland
    Participant

Thanks Fabian, the new installer worked without a glitch and immediately after turning on the head module three new symbols lighted up in the Steam VR windows. Thumbs up!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.