Register for Forum

Login to Forum (and then refresh page)

Forgot Password

Open VR interface for VRfree®

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Bissinger 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

FWenner
    Keymaster

Dear VRfree® Backers,

As promised, we’re releasing the OpenVR plugin today. You can download it here. Unpack the zip file and run setup.exe. During the setup, make sure to point the installer to the correct Steam installation path!

The plugin will make you able to see your hands in any SteamVR game. There is also a virtual touch interface that provides the touchpad, menu, and system buttons that are on the Vive wands. You can calibrate the hand pose at any time by looking up at the calibrate sign, just like in the VRfree Setup and Demo.

Best regards,
    Team Sensoryx

FAQ:
    – Will this work with game […]?

This is still an early version of the plugin, and we couldn’t test it with too many games yet, but give it a try and tell us how it went!

– I’ve installed the plugin, but nothing changed when I start SteamVR.

Make sure you entered the correct Steam path during the installation. check if there’s a folder “sensoryx” in “\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers”.

– I’m in the game and see my hands, but can’t interact with anything.

You’ll have to bind the VRfree controller actions to the game. Check out this guide from Valve on how to do this.

Kevin Bissinger
    Participant

Just as a heads up, the installer says to install it in the steam library, but not all of us use the default steam library to install SteamVR, my SteamVR is in a steamlibrary folder on a different drive so it took me a moment to figure out why it was failing to install until I saw what file it was expecting and realized it was a SteamVR folder for anyone else who might run into this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.